Registration for faculty & staff parking permits begins on Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
When can faculty & staff register?
- FULL TIME faculty/staff online registration opens on Thursday, August 1, at 9:00 a.m. Once online registration closes on August 20, 2019 all full time faculty/staff will need to register in person at the Parking & Traffic office.
- PART TIME faculty/staff must always register in person in our office. Please bring a copy of your contract with you at the time of registration. We can only sell you a permit for the amount of time stated in the contract. Faculty members teaching 6 or less credit hours and staff members working 20 or less hours qualify for the part time parking rate.
How do employees register online?
- Gather your vehicle info before you begin: vehicle color, make, and year; and the license plate number.
- Log into AppalNet and use the Employee tab to access the Parking Registration System.
- Click on Order Permits from the menu at the bottom of the page.
- Agree to the Terms of Service (PDF).
- Select permit. You may register for one parking permit and one carbon neutral offset. Once a permit type is selected, the system will reserve it for fifteen minutes.
- Click Add Vehicle and enter vehicle information or select the vehicles you want to add to your permit if they autopopulate from your permit last year.
- Click Confirm in the bottom right corner, then click the red Add Permit to Cart button in the bottom right corner to proceed.
- Enter your Contact Information and click the black Checkout button in the bottom right corner.
- After checkout you will receive a confirmation email of your registration by the end of the business day. Be sure to keep a copy of this for your records
*Pro Tip: Is your first choice sold out? Join the waiting list, and register for a different type of permit in the meantime!*
Additional Permit Information
- Permits will be mailed to employees SIS address throughout the month of August. If your campus adress is incorrect in banner please notify our office so that we can get your permit to you in a timely manner.
- Permit fees listed on website are the fee that will be deducted monthly from your paycheck.
- Faculty/staff members with a 2018-2019 parking permit must display their new permit no later than Friday, August 30, 2019.
- Faculty/staff members without a 2018-2019 permit must display their new permit by the first day of classes, which is Monday, August 19, 2019.
What are faculty & staff parking options?
- Rivers Street Deck $432 ($36 monthly)
- Library Deck $432 ($36 monthly)
- Stadium Parking Deck $432 ($36 monthly)
- Surface Lots $276 ($23 monthly)
- Part Time Surface Lots $144 ($12 monthly)
How can I become a carbon neutral commuter?
Sustain Appalachian and Parking Services are pleased to partner with Sterling Planet to purchase carbon offsets for university students, faculty, and staff. For an additional $8, you can participate in the Carbon Neutral Commuter program, which helps push Appalachian toward its goal of carbon neutrality.