Online registration will close August 31, 2021 Please feel free to register in the Parking office located in the Rivers Street parking deck, or call 828-262-2878.
- Gather your vehicle info before you begin: vehicle color, make, and year; and the license plate number.
- Log into AppalNet and use the Employee tab to access the Parking Registration System.
- Click on Order Permits from the menu at the bottom of the page.
- Agree to the Terms of Service (PDF).
- Select permit. You may register for one parking permit. Once a permit type is selected, the system will reserve it for fifteen minutes.
- Click Add Vehicle and enter vehicle information or select the vehicles you want to add to your permit if they autopopulate from your permit last year.
- Click Confirm in the bottom right corner, then click the red Add Permit to Cart button in the bottom right corner to proceed.
- Enter your Contact Information and click the black Checkout button in the bottom right corner.
- After checkout you will receive a confirmation email of your registration by the end of the business day. Be sure to keep a copy of this for your records
PART TIME faculty and staff will register in person in our office at the Rivers Street Parking Deck. Please bring a copy of your contract with you at the time of registration. We can only sell part time permits based on the amount of time stated in the contract. Faculty members teaching 6 or less credit hours and staff members working 20 or less hours qualify for the part time parking rate.
*Pro Tip: Is your first choice sold out? Join the waiting list, and register for a different type of permit in the meantime!*
Additional Permit Information
- With the new license plate recognition system, you will not receive a permit hang tag. Your license plate is your permit.
- Faculty and staff may register more than one vehicle on their permit. However, only one vehicle may be parked on campus at any given time.
- Those who wish to back in and pull through parking spaces must purchase a front vanity plate. The cost is $15.
- Backing in or pulling through without a registered plate visible to the driving path will result in a citation.
- Permit fees displayed on the website are the amount that will be deducted monthly from your paycheck.
- Permits no longer needed may be canceled by contacting the Parking Office no later than March 31st of the academic year and payroll deduction will be terminated.