Parking and Traffic Department Office Location and Hours
The offices of the Parking and Traffic Department are located on Rivers Street in the Rivers Street Parking Deck.
Full service office hours are 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
PARKING PERMITS FOR 2013 - 2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
Registration is accomplished online via your AppalNET account.
OPENING DATES FOR REGISTRATION BASED ON STUDENT CLASS
- Monday, July 1 9:00 a.m. Graduate students and seniors
- Monday, July 8 9:00 a.m. Juniors
- Monday, July 15 9:00 a.m. Sophomores
- Monday, July 22 9:00 a.m. Freshmen
ELIGIBILITY FOR STUDENT LOT PERMITS
- Rivers Deck: grads, seniors, juniors, sophomores
- Stadium: grads, seniors
- Hill Street: grads, seniors, juniors, sophomores
- Greenwood: grads, seniors, juniors, sophomores
- Appalachian Heights: complex residents only! *If you register for this option and are not assigned to live at this complex, your registration will be deleted!
- Panhellenic Hall: complex residents only! *If you register for this option and are not assigned to live at this complex, your registration will be deleted!
- State Farm: grads, seniors, juniors, sophomores, freshmen
- Evening Permit: grads, seniors, juniors, sophomores **Note: This permit only allows parking in student lots AFTER 2:00 p.m.
LAST YEAR’S PERMIT FEES (subject to change)
- Rivers Deck Permit: $ 504.00
- Evening Permit: $ 102.00
- All Other Permits: $ 204.00
- Friday, August 2nd is the final day for students to register online.
- Be careful to provide accurate information, and be absolutely sure you make the correct permit selection. No changes can be made after you click “submit!”
- Print a copy for your records once you complete the registration process.
- Permit fee will be charged to your university student account.
- Permits will be available for pick up at the University Parking and Traffic Department beginning Wednesday, August 14th.
- Beginning on Wednesday, August 14th, if any permits remain available, they will be sold “first come, first served” at the Parking & Traffic Office, located in the Rivers Street Parking Deck.
- Questions? Contact the Parking Office at 828-262-2878.
About Our Department
The University Parking and Traffic Department is responsible for providing parking services and traffic control for all faculty, staff, students and visitors to the campus. Management of the university's nearly 6,500 parking spaces is accomplished through vehicle registration and enforcement of the Parking and Traffic Regulations. Please refer to the Parking and Traffic Regulations Manual (PDF) for details. All persons registering a vehicle for parking at Appalachian State University are encouraged to read this online manual as soon as possible. These regulations are designed to enhance the safety and welfare of the entire campus community.
If you have any questions pertaining to parking and/or transportation at Appalachian State University, please contact us through this web site or call us at (828) 262-2878.