The dates of online student parking registration are determined by the number of credit hours a student has obtained at the time of online registration as determined by the Registrar's Office. The parking office can only sell permits based on the number of credit hours a student currently has on file with the Registrar's Office. New students bringing in credit to Appalachian should ensure their latest official transcript is submitted to the Office of Transfer Services in advance of their parking registration date if those credits will change their class credit level.
|Graduate Students and Seniors (90+ hrs)||Wednesday, July 6 2022||10:00 a.m.||Online|
|Juniors (60 - 89.9 hrs)||Wednesday , July 13 2022||10:00 a.m.||Online|
|Sophomores (30 - 59.9 hrs)||Wednesday, July 20 2022||10:00 a.m.||Online|
|Freshmen (0-29.9 hrs)||Wednesday, July 27 2022||10:00 a.m.||Online|
|Graduate Assistants and Resident Assistants||TBD||In Office|
(GA's and RA's must register in person at Customer Service Express, located on the second floor of the Bookstore, so that we can ensure documentation of your position. Online registration is not available for GAs who wish to purchase a GA permit or RAs!)
GA parking areas are limited, and many are not near the core campus. Consequently, if you are a GA who wants to have access to more centrally located parking, such as a parking garage, it is strongly recommended that you register for the lot of your choice with the graduate students on July 6, 2022.
How to Register Online
- Gather your vehicle info before you begin: vehicle color, make, and year; and the license plate number.
- Log into AppalNet and use the Student tab to access the Parking Registration System.
- Click on Order Permits from the menu at the bottom of the page.
- Agree to the Terms of Service (PDF).
- Select permit. You may register for one parking permit. Once a permit type is selected, the system will reserve it for fifteen minutes.
- Click Add Vehicle and enter vehicle information or select the vehicles you want to add to your permit if they autopopulate from your permit last year.
- BE SURE YOUR LICENSE PLATE INFORMATION IS ACCURATE. YOUR LICENSE PLATE WILL BE YOUR PERMIT.
- Click Confirm in the bottom right corner, then click the red Add Permit to Cart button in the bottom right corner to proceed.
- Enter your Contact Information and click the black Checkout button in the bottom right corner.
- After checkout you will receive a confirmation email of your registration by the end of the business day. Be sure to keep a copy of this for your records!
*Pro Tip: Is your first choice sold out? Join the waiting list, and register for a different type of permit in the meantime!*
- All online registrations for the 2022-2023 school year will be valid until August 15, 2023.
- Senior level students who will only need parking for Fall semester can return their permit at the end of Fall semester in December for a pro rated refund ($151 for surface lot permits, or $326 for parking deck permits).
- Our department will give prorated refunds to all written requests received before March 31 of the academic year.
- Be sure to provide accurate information and choose the correct registration. Changes cannot be made after you checkout!
- At this time, we can only allow students to register for one lot at a time.
- Students may only sign up for one waiting list at a time, and you can be on any waiting list, even if it’s a different type of permit than what you registered for.
- Those who wish to back in and pull through parking spaces must purchase a front vanity plate. The cost is $15.
- Backing in or pulling through parking spaces without a registered plate visible to the travel lane will result in a citation.
- All student parking fees are charged to students' accounts (the same place your tuition is charged). These fees can be paid in Touchnet. More information on how to navigate to the Touchnet Payment Center is below.
- Students who need to register for parking in person can come to the Customer Service Express Desk, located on the second floor of the Bookstore, any time during regular business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Students will need a copy of their vehicle registration card, their license plate number, and their AppCard in order to register in person in the office.
- GA students will also need to bring a copy of their assistantship contract in order to obtain a GA permit.
- We cross check RA names with lists sent to us by Housing before selling RA permits, so if you were hired as an RA after those lists were sent, we will need direct communication from Housing in order to sell you an RA permit.
Student Parking Permit Pick-up Information (2022-2023)
There will be no need to pick up permits this year due to the switch to License Plate Recognition. Your license plate will be registered as your permit.
Please be aware that fees do not immediately charge to your student account. Specifically during online registration periods it can take several days to have the charge appear on your student account. This delay in appearing on your student account does not affect the status of your registration. As long as your registration is showing in your online parking portal and you have a copy of receipt of transaction (emailed to you after online registration), you are registered. After the fees have been charged to your account, students can pay online via their Appalnet account using the following procedure:
- Log into Appalnet account.
- Go to Student tab.
- Go to Billing and Payment Center by Touchnet.
- Here you will see your current balance and will be able to follow prompts to make payments.
- Click View Activity to see a charge by charge breakdown of your student account.
Students can also pay their parking fees in person at the student accounts counter located on the second floor of the John E. Thomas (JET) building on Rivers Street.