AppalCART is the transportation authority that provides public transportation for all of Boone and Watauga County, including Appalachian State University. Student parking on the main campus is very limited, so students are strongly encouraged to ride AppalCART whenever possible. Because the service is subsidized by the University, students may ride free of charge. Bus shelters are located at all perimeter parking areas, as well as many other campus locations. For additional information about AppalCART's services, call (828) 264-2278, or visit the AppalCART web site.
Mountaineer Safe Walk/Ride
The Appalachian Police Department operates a campus safety escort service, Mountaineer Safe Walk/Ride, to provide a safety escort for students during the evening hours who may feel uncomfortable walking alone after dark.
Sunway Charters Bus Service (Triad and Charlotte)
Sunway Charters operates the bus routes that run to and from Boone to Winston-Salem and Charlotte. You can find more information in the "Daily Line Runs" section of their website or by telephone at (336) 767-1511 (East to West) and (704) 348-1200 (North to South).
Nearby Unaffiliated Parking Lots
So you didn't get a parking spot on campus? Below is a list of local vendors and churches that sell parking spaces around App's campus. Feel free to contact them to see if they have any availability!
Note: This list is provided as a courtesy. None of the businesses on this list have any affiliation with Appalachian State University.
- Holton Management – (828) 264-3644
- Reno Management – (828) 773-6785
- Mark’s Rivers Street Parking/Molly Hundley – (828) 773-5998
- Howard Street Parking – (828) 264-8892
- Grace Lutheran Parking – www.graceboone.org
- Town of Boone / Daniel Boone Parking Lot – email@example.com (email) or (828) 268-6229
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church – www.stlukesboone.org
- Daniel Boone Condos – (828) 265-6613
- Hardin St and King St Lots – www.StudentParking.com – (828) 268-1313
- Nick Geller – www.lmsparking.com – (336) 906-9417